Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Little Link Round Up

On my other blog, With Five Questions, I have been inviting artists, authors, and entrepreneurs to share first-person stories about their work. I just posted the second of these pieces last night, and I think it's worth sharing here because the author, Lori Norman, talks about creating artwork using materials she finds at thrift stores, yard sales, and other unique shopping venues. Here's Lori's piece about how she creates her art.

I sometimes put "eBay blog" into Google to see what turns up, and last week I found a great blog by an artist who lives in an RV and sells vintage finds as well as her own artwork on eBay. I love it! Her blog is called The eBay RV Artsy Life of Sue Soaring Sun.

Finally, here's one more link. I wrote a book review of Killer Stuff and Tons of Money a while ago and forgot to post a link here, so here's the link. The book is about a guy who makes a living selling antiques, and I could find some interesting parallels between his hunt for antiques and my lower-budget adventures. There's also some discussion of eBay in the book. But mostly it's just a great nonfiction book about one guy's passion for running his own business buying and selling things that he loves.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Mandy, thanks for mentioning me in your blog! If any of your readers are interested, I did an interview with the eBay Scavengers for their podcast blog. It's a little lengthy, maybe 15 minutes, but we talked about the ins and outs of selling on eBay while traveling full-time in your RV. Here is the link: http://ebayscavengers.blogspot.com/2014/02/ebay-scavengers-episode-91-interview.html?showComment=1392235383830#c2562779922647355086

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Sue, and for the tip about your podcast appearance. I will give it a listen. :)

      Delete