Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Step Right Up!

I have to admit that while my heart is still with the Fisher Price Little People that I remember from my childhood in the 1970s and 1980s, I'm warming up to some of the newer FP figures, like this little carnival barker. Fisher Price stuff from all eras is fun to buy although its selling potential on eBay (and elsewhere) varies widely. We bought a few newer (post-2000) playsets at yard sales last summer and found that the only stuff that bought us a really solid return was a big lot of Christmas-themed toys.

We sometimes sell individual pieces (like the little guy above) as "replacement parts" for other sets. People do sometimes want to buy a certain figure or part from an otherwise complete set. These aren't big ticket items, of course, but they are fun to buy and sell, and it feels like we're helping people to recycle and keep using their playsets rather than buying brand new stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment