Thursday, December 5, 2013

Keeping Up the Enthusiasm

When I first started listing on eBay, I had a lot of energy around it. Hey, it was something new and different, and the more I listed and sold, the more I could indulge in thrift shopping! As with anything else, it's hard to sustain that same high level of enthusiasm day after day and month after month. It doesn't help that I've been tired in general lately (I recently tested very low in vitamin D, so hopefully the mega-supplements I've been prescribed will start kicking in soon).

How do you keep up your enthusiasm on those days (or during those weeks or months) where you don't feel like working on your online businesses or other projects?

For me, I tend to just give myself a break for a while and know that I'll return to work soon enough. After not listing anything new for a week, I listed three new items last night, and today I received two best offers. I've read many times in forums related to online selling that adding new listings is one of the best ways to get a boost in your sales, and I do think that you get more traffic in general from eBay and from Etsy when you add new listings.

If anyone wants to share ideas in the comments about ways to keep on keeping on, I'd love to hear what works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment