Friday, March 21, 2014

The X Files Strike Again

When Trish and I were first selling things on eBay, I felt really encouraged when we had a pretty fast turnaround on an X Files t-shirt. So in the fall of last year, when we found a set of X Files-themed Barbie dolls, we bought them, even though they cost more than most items we pick up at the thrift store.

Well, it took quite a while to sell these. We listed them on craigslist a couple times, too, and never a peep of interest. Then today they sold for $50. We were pretty excited!

Really if I were a collector, I would like these dolls. They even come with little badges, and their clothing is pretty cool, too.

It just reinforces the lesson of patience. I think that a lot of people who are successful eBayers have a separate space for storing all their finds as they wait for the right customers to come along. We are kind of in the middle of the road as we have a spot where we tuck away our stuff, but it's not a huge space.

Honestly, one of the things I like about online selling is that there are as many ways to sell online as there are online sellers! I don't think there is one "right" way.

No comments:

Post a Comment