Friday, January 31, 2014

Planning for Seasonal Sales

Honestly, I have not done very well at all in getting seasonal items listed for sale on eBay. Well, I did sell a Mrs. Santa Claus Build-a-Bear dress this past Christmas, but otherwise I didn't plan for Christmas-related items. The reason I'm doing this post is to report that I did, in fact, get it together to list a fun item with a Valentine's Day link. It just sold this morning.

The first time I listed this item, I didn't even think to use Valentine's Day as a keyword. Then when I was renewing the listing, I realized I was missing an opportunity. I bought the t-shirt because, let's face it, you just don't see very many unique and fun politically (or a-politcally?) themed tees out there, and I thought this was a great one.

For me, the moral of the story is: it's OK to think about holidays in offbeat ways, and always think creatively when it comes to the keywords for your listings.

No comments:

Post a Comment