Saturday, October 5, 2013

How Many Items Should I List on eBay?

Well, school has started back up (my day job is working as a college English teacher), so I haven't had as much time to focus on eBay. I'd built up my number of listings to 130 total, as I'd taken advantage of a couple of promotions from eBay which allowed free listings. Many of those listings have expired--and some have sold!--and my number of listings is below 50 again.

My goal this weekend is to finish some schoolwork and then get my number of listings built back up. I think getting to 75 is a reasonable goal. I do have a lot of expired items that I could relist, which is easy enough, but I also want to get some new listings posted as I have some new "inventory" that I want to try posting. Suzanne and I went to a great rummage sale last weekend, and I have some t-shirts to list from that as well as some really cute vintage Playmobil toys which include several little skateboarder figures and their tiny skateboards. I also have three silk neckties, a cap from a beer company, and (of course) my usual pile of thrifted tees that I haven't gotten around to listing yet.

As a side note, I've noticed that the few hats I've listed have been good sellers. I've sold a Guinness beer driving cap, a University of Washington Huskies baseball cap, and most recently a Tyrol hat. Trish found the Tyrol hat at a garage sale a few weeks ago, and we made sure to list it right away, to catch the Oktoberfest crowd. Here's a photo.

I think the only hat that hasn't sold so far is the Indiana Jones hat Trish and I found at the Goodwill Outlet this summer. We're still hoping that someone will want it for a costume and that it sells before Halloween!

How many items do you try to keep listed on eBay? I'd love to reach 100 listings again. I know other people have even higher goals in terms of items listed, sometimes into the thousands!

No comments:

Post a Comment