Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sale Rained Out: What Would You Do?

A few weeks ago I went to a garage sale I saw listed on craigslist. It looked like it had potential. The weather was overcast and slightly sprinkling on and off. So I was surprised to find this:


All of their stuff was covered. The craigslist ad had indicated it was a large garage sale. So seeing this and knowing there is a good chance something you want is under the draped protection, what would you do? Look under it? And if you do look under and see something you want, what do you do next?


So I went to the door to see if they would sell anything, or had more stuff inside. No one answered.

I decided to look under the tarp. If there was anything I wanted to buy I would leave money. I lifted the edge slightly, enough to see what was under the table it was covering.

Unfortunately, under the tarp were boxes filled with wet ruined items such as several board games. It had rained the night before, and I guess they didn't cover it until it was too late.

I briefly checked under the carpet but again everything was waterlogged.

On my way to my car I saw one more table that had uncovered items.



These few things that were saved were not worth anything to me.

So do you agree with my actions? Should I have looked more thoroughly?

What is your opinion?

1 comment:

  1. You're more daring than I would have been. I would have probably just kept driving. But then, I might have missed a find! ;)

    ReplyDelete